Fume Extraction Ducting
Polimatrix has an extensive experience in the design, manufacture and installation of Plastic Fume Extraction Duct Systems.
Polimatrix also manufactures and supplies individual duct system components such as:
- Duct fittings
- Opposable blade dampers
- Volume control dampers
- Flexible connectors
- Non-return valves
- Weather Cowls
- … and much more
To ensure accuracy of manufacture and ease of installation all extraction duct systems are designed and manufactured as follows:
- Detailed 3D models of system or components are produced in SolidWorks
- CNC Router machines ensure each part is precision cut exactly according to drawing.
- HERZ sheet welding equipment is used to weld sheets and cylinders.
- Munch, Leister and Herz extrusion and hot gas welding machines are used in the fabrication process
- Specialised bending machines allow cold bending, hot bending and even welded sharp angle bends for rectangular duct
- Manufacturing tooling and jigs to ensure consistent accuracy
Plastic fabricated duct systems and components are manufactured using corrosion resistant plastic materials such as:
- Polypropylene (PP-H and PP-R), Polypropylene flame retardant (PP-s) and Polypropylene electrically conductive (PP-el)
- PVC-U and CPVC (also known as PVC-C)
Fume Extraction Systems as manufactured by Polimatrix are usually applied in industrial and laboratory processes where a high degree of corrosion resistance is required along with low maintenance and longevity. Materials are selected according to each client’s specific application.
Plastic also has application in coastal areas as a replacement for galvanized duct systems. Plastic duct systems and plastic fans are impervious to salt corrosion and a properly designed and manufactured plastic system does not compromise in any way the strength or aesthetics of the system:
Plastic Fume Extraction Duct Systems have the following distinct advantages
- Low coefficient of friction
- High Wear resistance
- Low maintenance
- Excellent Chemical resistance
- Food grade quality options
- Impervious to salt corrosion